Adding Disney+ because a year’s subscription is cheaper than one ticket to Hamilton?
(Hamilton available July 3!)
Love Disney movies, Disney TV shows, Star Wars, Pixar, and the Simpsons?
Instead of paying $6.99/month ($83.88/year) for Disney Plus, here is a way to get it for $69.99 plus $12.50$22.50- Cash Back!
Easy steps to SAVE on Disney Plus subscription streaming service:
- Sign in to your Rakuten (used to be ebates) account.
- If you don’t have an account, use this link to sign up and you’ll get an EXTRA $10 back when you make your first purchase of $25+ (which you’re about to do).
- Search for “Disney+” on the Rakuten site and click on any of the “Shop Now” buttons to activate $12.50 cash back when you purchase an annual subscription.
- Using the window that just opened (this is important!), click the link for either the hulu + ESPN + Disney+ bundle (this gets you $10 cash back) or click the link “Sign up for Disney+ Only”. Follow the instructions to enter an email and password.
- On the next screen, select the Annual subscription for $69.99. (This saves you 16% over the monthly charges)
- Enter your Credit Card or PayPal information to be charged when your Free Trial is over.
- (EDIT: This deal is over but if you’re reading this later, check if your Chase Freedom card has any bonus categories). If you have a Chase Freedom card and are reading this Jan-March of 2020 USE THIS CARD to get 5% cash back on streaming services! Also works for Netflix, Hulu, etc. This gets you $3.50 cash back on an annual subscription to Disney+
If you are already on a monthly subscription, I think you have to cancel it and then re-purchase after it expires on the Annual Subscription basis. I have not found a way to convert from monthly to Annual.
Your Rakuten Cash Back Bonus will be put in your account a few days after your purchase goes through. They pay out quarterly either in a check or directly to your PayPal.
For more tips on saving money, follow me on facebook.