If you have $4000 in expenses in the next 3 months, here’s a way to earn $945 minimum and up to $1205.
Why should you listen to me?
I have 6+ years of experience in “credit card hacking” which simply means I take advantage of bonus sign-ups and maximize my rewards by using the “right” card for the “right” purchase at the “right” time. I’ve earned thousands of dollars of rewards in that time ($2500+ in the last 6 months), but I realize most people don’t want to put in the time and energy to track everything I do to make my system work. I often have people ask how they can get started with earning credit card rewards, so here is THE ONE to do. It’s the best sign-up bonus I’ve ever seen and I will make it as SIMPLE as possible for you.
If you are not taking advantage of credit card rewards at all or don’t like the limitations on redeeming on your current card, this gets you the most bang for your buck without being overly complicated.
Steps to Follow
- First, apply for a Chase Sapphire Preferred card using this link or the APPLY NOW buttons on this page.
- Once you get your card (mine took less than a week to arrive), use that card to pay for your everyday purchases to reach $4000 in total spend in 3 months from your approval date. Here are some ideas for spend:
- Groceries, Gas, Clothes, Household expenses, Car Repairs (we bought appliances)
- Streaming services, subscriptions for the next 3 months
- Auto Insurance (6 month premium knocks out some good spend)
- Property Taxes if you’re not under escrow (2.25% fee in my county, but you’ll get 1% of that back, so it’s a small fee to knock out a big chunk of your spending)
- NOTE: The $95 annual fee IS charged right away and does NOT count as part of the $4000 spend. You can cancel the card after you get the bonus and before your annual fee posts next year if you want.
- PAY OFF YOUR CARD in full every month before the due date. Don’t charge anything you don’t have money for IN YOUR ACCOUNT. If you have had trouble in the past, try paying your card online every time you make a purchase to make sure you stay on track. I use auto-pay so I never miss a deadline.
- Your 100,000 bonus points will post to your account on the statement after you reach $4000 in spend. Redeem for CASH either as a deposit in your checking account or as a statement credit. You can get better bang for your buck using them for travel or one of the temporary “Pay Yourself Back” categories, but I think that’s where people get confused, so for my purposes here, I’m just assuming you straight-up cash out.
Here’s the math:
When you spend $4000 in the first 3 months, you get 104,000 points (100,000 sign up + 1 per $ spent)
If you redeem this for cash, it’s worth $1040!!
Subtract the $95 fee and you’ll net $945. That’s 23.6% of your spend back in cash.
How to earn even more cash:
$50 Hotel Credit when booked through the Chase Travel Portal
1x points for regular spending
3x points on dining, streaming services, and online grocery purchases (not Walmart or Target)
5x points on travel booked through the Chase Travel Portal
10% bonus on all the points you’ve earned on your anniversary. (N
What could prevent you from getting this deal?
You are not guaranteed to be approved for the credit card if your credit score is too low, your credit report shows you delinquent on payments, or you’ve opened too many cards lately (Chase will deny you if you’ve opened 5 credit cards in the past 24 months). You also can’t have received a bonus for a Sapphire card in the past 48 months and can’t currently have an open Sapphire Preferred or Sapphire Reserved Card.
Applying for a card WILL trigger a hard pull on your credit which is only a big deal if you have mediocre credit and need to apply for a major loan (mortgage, car, etc.) in the near future.
You SHOULD NOT do this deal if you can’t trust yourself to pay your card on time or feel you will overspend if using a credit card vs. cash, etc. I ONLY recommend this deal to people planning on simply converting their REGULAR spending to this card to take advantage of the better rewards.
Using my link and getting approved for the card may result in me receiving a referral bonus. You are free to search for the deal on your own, but if you found this information helpful, I appreciate you using my link. I am also willing to help with any questions you have along the way! You can find me on my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/WorkingMomHacks/